- Fixed a regression that made the “TVStandard” X configuration option cause system hangs with products from the GeForce 6 and 7 series.
- Worked around a bug in some AUO laptop flat panels where the native mode in the EDID is invalid, leading to a 640×480 desktop repeated six times across the screen.
- Increased the maximum number of slices supported by VDPAU for MPEG-2 streams, in order to cope with the region 1 DVD “A Christmas Story”.
- Added unofficial preliminary support for xorg-server video driver ABI version 7, including xorg-server-188.8.131.52.
- Fix the soname of libvdpau_nvidia.so.1 and libvdpau_trace.so.1 to match their filenames.
The 195.36.03 NVIDIA Accelerated Linux Graphics Driver Set for Linux/x86 is available for download via FTP.
The 195.36.03 NVIDIA Accelerated Linux Graphics Driver Set for Linux/x86_64 is available for download via FTP.
Please note: This NVIDIA Linux graphics driver release supports GeForce 6xxx and newer NVIDIA GPUs, GeForce4 and older GPUs are supported through the 96.43.xx and 71.86.xx NVIDIA legacy graphics drivers. GeForce FX GPUs are supported through the 173.14.xx NVIDIA legacy graphics drivers.
Please also note: If you encounter any problems with the 195.36.03 NVIDIA Linux graphics driver release, please start a new thread and include a detailed description of the problem, reproduction steps and generate/attach an nvidia-bug-report.log.gz file (please see http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46678 for details).