PuTTY Tray is an improved version of PuTTY. It features some cosmetic changes, and a number of addons to make it more useful and much more fun to use.
Originally compiled by Barry Haanstra, now maintained by Chris West (Faux).
- Minimizing to the system tray (on CTRL + minimize, always or directly on startup)
- Icons are customisable
- Blinks tray icon when a bell signal is received
- Configurable window transparency
- URL hyperlinking
- Portability: optionally stores session configuration in files (for example: on a USB drive) like portaPuTTY
- Easy access to the ‘always on top’ setting (in the system menu)
- Reconnects on connection failure, including when waking up from stand-by
- Android adb support
The current version is 0.62-t013.
Last update: 25th October, 2012.
SHA256 / GPG (putty.exe) = e2dc4e9d923aafa7a71ffc99d392687fd7985442016e732274b07e6d41a2b4ef
- putty64.exe (64-bit Windows required). If you don’t know that you want this, you don’t.
SHA256 / GPG (putty64.exe) = f495461aae2c5d5012ff531a3563af0e33facf36ed1a7aab09bd649c9f60d0a1
If you are looking for the original version of PuTTY: