How to scan websites for viruses and malware
Viruses and malwares can break into your system from a number of sources and cause serious impact on your computer system. Hence, it is extremely essential to protect your computer such threats. Most of us are aware of the fact that e-mail attachments, torrents, P2P clients, etc are some of the most common sources through which viruses and malwares infiltrate into our system. But nowadays, even websites have become as infectious as any other source.
Fortunately, there are lots of online scanners that can quickly scan websites for any malicious content. If you are a webmaster wanting to scan your website or you just want to check a website for malicious content, below are few of the best tools that can help you to do so.
1. URLVoid.com – URLVoid.com is a really handy tool to scan any website for malicious content. Just enter the URL of the website you want to scan and then hit the “Scan Now” button. Within just a few seconds, you will get a report stating whether the site is clean or not.
2. AVG Online Web Page Scanner – AVG Online Web Page Scanner enables you to scan suspicious links for viruses and malware. It scans the web pages in real-time and checks if the web pages contain any hidden drive-by downloads.
3. Google Safe Browsing – This handy little tool from Google enables you to test any website for malicious content. It is based on the Google Safe Browsing API. To test any website all you got to do is enter the following in your address bar – http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=targetwebsite.com.
4. Online Link Scan – Online Link Scan is a fast, easy-to-use tool that enables you to scan any URL for viruses, malware as well as phishing. It uses the reports generated by PhisTank, AVG, Google Safe Browsing as well as SiteTruth to provide you an overall report of the target URL.
5. Norton Safe Web – Norton Safe Web is a new tool from Norton that analyzes web sites for online threats like viruses, malware, spyware and phishing. It scans the target URL and provides you detailed reports about the various threats on the site. It also creates a Norton rating based on the reports.
6. Dr.Web Online Check – Dr.Web Online check quickly scans websites for viruses and malwares and reports if the website is clean or not. All you gotta do is enter the URL and hit the “Scan” button. It quickly scans the website and creates a report stating whether the website is clean or not.