ABBYY recently announced the launch of ABBYY FineReader Engine 8.0 for the Linux CLI, This is a new utility for the command line interface for optical character recognition (OCR) and PDF conversion within a Linux environment.
* ABBYY FineReader Engine 8.0 CLI for Linux is a ready to use CLI tool based on ABBYY’s advanced Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technologies.
* The tool automates OCR and document conversion on Linux systems.
* Processing is fully controlled via the command line.
* ABBYY OCR for Linux offers the same high OCR quality that is available on Windows.
* Many output formats are supported, for example: Text only, RTF, HTML and PDF.
* If more sophisticated processing and deeper integration are needed, developers can also use the ABBYY OCR SDKs. FineReader Engine 8.0 CLI for Linux is based on the ABBYY FineReader Engine 8.0 SDK with Extended Platform Support.
The ABBYY FineReader Engine 8.0 CLI for Linux is available now as a trial version which can be found at ocr4linux.com.