I have been playing with this option for many months to try and get code to display properly in the posts. I was using the code:
***code goes in here***
which was giving me the look seen in this post:
I am now using the CodeColorer Word Press plugin which provides the following features:
- * syntax highlighting in RSS feeds
* syntax highlighting of single line of code (inline)
* syntax highlighting of code in comments
* line numbers
* automatic links to the documentation inserting
* code block intelligent scroll detection
* predefined color themes
* syntax colors customization in CSS file
* code protect from mangling by WordPress
Other WordPress Plugin Code Converters
The following WordPress Plugins will help you convert programming languages and codes into something that can be displayed on your blog’s post in WordPress. Most of these will convert anything listed inside a
< code > or
< pre > tag and/or will add a button to the quicktags button bar to allow one button adding of code that is automatically converted.
- WordPress Plugin: Code Autoescape
- Decoder Button WordPress Plugin
- WP-SimpleCode WordPress Plugin
- WP-UnFormating WordPress Plugin
- SemCodeFix WordPress Plugin
- Semicolon Code Markup WordPress Plugin
- QuickCode WordPress Plugin
- Preserve Code Formatting WordPress Plugin
Snytax Highlighter WordPress Plugins
These WordPress Plugins will convert code into something the browser can read, and offer the ability to color different areas of your code to help it be more readable. These are excellent for bloggers who publish large chunks of code as they tend to make the code more readable. Many of the Plugins listed under Specialized Language Code below also include syntax highlighting, however, these only convert simple HTML/CSS code, not various programming languages.
Some allow a lot of customization, others only a little.
Specialized Language Code Converter WordPress Plugins
All of these will convert code, but the conversion code isn’t as simple as turning
< . These deal with specialized programming or mathematical equations and formulas. Many also feature syntax highlighting.
If you specialize in a specific programming language, check the different Plugins to find the one that will meet your needs.
- Latex Render WordPress Plugin
- FigureRender WordPress Plugin (LaTex)
- BibTeX WordPress Plugin (BibTeX/LaTeX)
- WP-dp.SyntaxHighlighter: Source Code Syntax Highlighting Plugin
- WordPress Mimetex plug-in (modified)
- MimetexRender WordPress Plugin
- ItexToMathML WordPress Plugin (LaTeX input into XHTML+MathML)
- Dahnielson MimeTeX WordPress Plugin
- MimetexParser WordPress Plugin (LaTex)
- Chemical Formula Formater WordPress Plugin
- PHP Math Publisher WordPress Plugin
- SyntaxHighlighter WordPress Plugin
- Dean Lee Code Highlighter WordPress Plugin
- Illustrender WordPress Plugin
- Coding WordPress Plugin
Hope this information is helpful.